Friday 4 January 2013

Sunshine...

Today is beautiful sunny and warm, & a good day to start blogging again.
I lost the inspiration to pick up my camera for a while and have been analysing exactly why that is....
But with the help of the 'Blip Challenge' I am beginning to refocus on what my photography means to me and where I intend to go with it.....






                               

The Red Mount
Sitting in the centre of The Walks, King's Lynn's main urban park, 
lies the Red Mount chapel. 
Also known as 'Our Lady's Chapel' it is a remarkable building in that
 it is completely unique and no other building like it can be found. 
It was built in the 15th century to contain a relic of the Virgin, but 
was also used by pilgrims on their way to Walsingham.

Today I arrived back in King's Lynn for the weekend to catch up with friends.
This is of my favourite places to wander, the park is so beautiful and I don't think I have captured the light and magic of the place as well as I wanted to. But it is one of those places that I will always want to try.








                                   
The Walks
The Walks is the only surviving town walk in Norfolk from the 
18th century. 
It was at first conceived not as a municipal park, as one understands 
the term today, but as a single promenade for the citizens away from 
the smell, grime and bustle of the town centre.








No comments:

Post a Comment